Histology, Immunohistochemistry and Microscopy
This list of equipment is used for qualitative and quantitative analysis of the distribution, co-localization and co-expression of various neurotransmitters/neuromodulators in different regions of the brain and spinal cord sections including stereological studies.
- Zeiss Multiphoton Confocal Laser Microscope LSM880 with Airyscan (Carl Zeiss, Germany).
- Zeiss single photon Confocal Laser Microscope LSM710 with ZEN software (Carl Zeiss, Germany).
- Zeiss Imager Z2 with Axio Vision software (Carl Zeiss, Germany).
- Zeiss Imager Z1 with Microbrightfield hardware and software (MBF, USA) for morphometric and stereological analyses of immuno-histological samples (Carl Zeiss, Germany).
- Zeiss upright Microscope for both Brightfield and Fluorescent experiments (Carl Zeiss, Germany).
- Aperio ScanScope CS (for Bright Field) for whole histological tissue section scanning up to 40X magnification (Aperio Inc. USA).
- Aperio ScanScope FL (Fluorescent) for whole slide immunohistological tissue section scanning up to 40X magnification (Aperio Inc. USA).
- Microtome (Microm HM 355S, Thermo Scientific).
- Vibratom (HM 650V Microm, Thermo Scientific).
- Cryostat for tissue sectioning (Micron).
- Dedicated Central Data Server to store and access research data from lab or office computers.